Sunday, July 10, 2011

He's Out Of My League.

So I am sitting home on this rainy Sunday night watching, She's Out Of My League (great movie) and I feel like everyone can relate to it. Everyone has that 'Great White Buffalo.'

Im the kind of girl that most people would consider outgoing, friendly, even at times flirtacious around the opposite sex. For the people that really know me, know I'm actually pretty shy around boys I am interested in. I get awkward, quiet, say weird things and for the life of me can not relax enough to be myself. So of course nothing ever progresses and I get put in the dreaded friend zone.

There has been one boy in the last year that really comes to mind when I think of this. From the first time I met him last summer I have had a ridiculously big crush on him. I think about him all the time, and have no idea why. I can probably count our conversations on one hand. We dont really have anything in common..not the same interests or anything that would normally start a crush. My friend Ali and I had a serious talk about him the other day and it keeps weighing heavy on mind. She asked me why I let him get to me and why I dont just let him know. After a minute or two of trying to think of why, I had no answer for her. Maybe its me being an average 20 year old girl that is completely enthralled in the chase. If I had that romantic ending on one of those chick flicks where I pour my heart out to him, he grabs my face..tells me he has always felt the same way about me, would I even really want it? If he really was interested, would I still be? No idea.

Why do girls like the boys that arent interested? Why dont we go after the ones that are always there.. the 'great guy friends.' I have some of the most amazing guy friends anyone could ask for. Some I consider really attractive, funny and a lot like me. So why oh why dont I turn my game on and try to start something with someone I know for a fact actually cares about me? Girls just love the challenge and dont understand why they are home alone on a Sunday night. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Dear girlfriend,

    I told you. Stop chasing the ones that you can't be yourself around. They should already love you before you even think about telling them how much of a crush you have on them. I mean come on, beauty, personality and sass-its a recipe for a great girl who is easy to love ;) Here is a quote for you " I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." That is how you know whether you truly love someone (friendship or romantic relationship) Like you know you love me because when you are with me you are so happy and just enjoy being girlfriends doing nothing or something crazy. That is how it should be with all the ones you love. BUT then just add that romance ;) I love stalking your life. miss you boo! xoxo

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete